Artist Directory: Photography

Paige Bowater



I am a budding photographer who enjoys capturing a whole variety of things. I have past experience with weddings and large events so do feel free to contact me through the above link.


Abi Ashcroft


I've always loved art and had a keen eye for design, it wasn't until secondary school that my preferences got diverted more towards Graphic Design. I discovered that I preferred to communicate rather than express with my work, captivating audiences with messages and creating identities through branding campaigns, logo design, typography and print media. My medium ranges from skills in Adobe Suites to photography, web design/building and traditional pen to paper and more - experimenting individually and together.


Freya Clarke


My work is about imagery in particular photography. I'm interested in the consequences of copying, blogging posting and tweeting photography and images in a large scale. I draw influence from texts such as Hito Stelyro's essay in defence of the Poor image and works by Walter Benjamin. I favour showing my work in series or collections to make the connection with photo albums and the vast amount on photographs we see online on blogs and websites. A few series of my work are inspired by the Xerox book, a book made up of a photocopied page which is then photocopied again and again.



What if things had been different? This is a question that has permeated into my artwork ever since I began to get involved with the artistic world. As I developed experience creating and analysing art I felt myself become more mature and started to look at the question in a much broader sense. Instead of relating my artwork closely to my past I instead opened up this question to start thinking about reality itself. I started to wonder what the world would look like if its physical appearance could be limited to the informed and biased imagination of its inhabitants. This sudden change morphed into an obsession with the unknown; a wonderful adventure into my curiosity had begun.


Frederick Hubble


A problem in some contemporary art for me is it can be too dry, ironic, void of any kind of emotion, a work of logic rather than the heart. I am currently working to reconnect with nature and in turn myself, exploring the materials of nature, as well as the nature of artists themselves, working to evaluate where my position is in the future of art and where my own philosophies on art and life coincide. Art is a part of me, it is a way I can communicate with others, transcending words, art is a way each and everyone can leave their mark upon the world, leaving something of themselves to survive after they have passed on. A legacy, something completely unique to the artist, a part of themselves embodied in something else, whether it is an object, a video, a performance or an idea. I prefer to leave myself a wide scope of mediums open to experiment with, from painting, photography, video, performance and sculpture.

Leigh Annie-Louise Hutchinson


The Brain, An Organ that even today's scientists still don't quite understand when it comes to its complicity and capability. For artist Leigh Hutchinson she looks at different ways of investigating the human psyche and the unique and individual ways we see and read into events and images placed in front of us, Along with behaviour and reactions to day, to day things. Using corrosive materials and looking at artist such as Kara walker's black and white silhouette art works for inspiration Leigh has used personal experiences of such discrimination and racism to mix together and use these feelings and effects to show the inner hurt that mentally the brain can find hard to forget and let go of.



Aimee Mary Jordan

I was born and raised in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia before moving to Bucharest in Romania. My painting work relies on several processes and layering to attain the required playful and dream-like effects. My current practice is greatly affected by an obsession with natural forms and their oddities. I find most of my inspiration from the vast natural history museums as well as travelling and the collection of unusual and exotic animal bones. Although my work at the moment focuses on a very macabre subject matter I have chosen to use colour and pattern through digital manipulating to break down the stereotypical views.


Danielle Morrin


Through painting and photography, my current practice aims to recapitulate the experience of being immersed within nature. Translating experience into expression, I focus specifically on the aesthetic appreciation of the landscape, which has evolved into an articulate understanding of how the mind and eye work when perceiving a scene.





artistdirectoryapplicationform

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXTRAVAGANT IMAGINATION: ALL IS MORE THAN IT SEEMS

Visit from Bada